Note: All courses subject to change.
We’ve incorporated multiple rest stops into each ride to give cyclists a chance to rest, use bathrooms if necessary and refuel before getting started again. These stops also give cyclists that may have fallen back a chance to catch up so we can all proceed as a group!
Browse all the courses above and select the course for turn-by-turn descriptions of each course. You’ll be able to see variations in elevation and grade, as well as being able to download or print the course directions. You can also download our Course Comparison Sheet at the bottom of the page to compare both days’ courses and find the right ride for you.
Your Safety Is Our Priority
We work hard to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment at our event. It is not uncommon to hear previous riders say that Padres Pedal is the “best-supported ride I’ve participated in.” Here’s what we provide to support you:
• Padres Pedal the Cause is a ride, not a race
• All courses are patrolled by up to 10 SAG (safety) vehicles
• Ride marshals accompany every ride by riding alongside you
• Emergency response personnel are at the ready if needed
• We partner with city police, traffic control and CHP to monitor all key intersections
• Mobile and stationary mechanic support is provided pre-ride and along the routes
• For more bike safety tips, click here.
Staying Fueled and Hydrated
We realize that many of you are challenging yourself to ride long miles for this important cause and we want to make sure you reach your goal! You will have access to plenty of fuel along the course to keep you going. All routes will provide:
• Well-stocked refueling stops at regular intervals
• Food items: bananas, oranges, PB&J sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs, pickles and more
• Longer routes will provide heartier fare at select stops
• Drinks: water, Gatorade, hydration drinks and plenty of ice
• Nutrition: gel packs and nutrition bars
• Sunscreen and first aid
• Mechanical support will be provided at select stops
• Restroom facilities at all stops
• Chairs and shade for quick rest and recovery on stops before getting back on the road