Our mission is simple: create a world without cancer. Last year, 1,500 riders raised over $2 million towards that cause. For 2017, our goal is to raise more than $3 million to help end cancer and we would love to have you join our exciting event weekend experience!
Our event starts and finishes in Petco Park, recently voted America’s Best Ballpark. Additionally, this year’s Saturday rides will cross the scenic Coronado Bay Bridge – a 2-mile bridge that spans San Diego Bay connecting the city to Coronado Island. Add to that Sunday routes that travel along the beautiful north county coastline, and you’ll experience the best of San Diego throughout the weekend.
Padres Pedal the Cause takes place on November 11-12, 2017 and is ideal for those of you that reside in cold-weather climates. This time of year offers some of San Diego’s best climate with generally sunny skies and average temperatures between 65-70 degrees. Perfect riding weather for the ultimate destination cycling event!
It’s easy for you to join us:
1. Choose your route(s). You can ride one or two days. For simplicity and maximum riding enjoyment while in San Diego, we suggest a 2-day experience that matches your current skill level:
- Saturday 25 miles + Sunday 21 miles = Total 46 miles
- Saturday 55 miles + Sunday 37 miles = Total 92 miles
- Saturday 88 miles + Sunday 66 miles = Total 154 miles
2. Plan your trip. Book your flight and stay at one of our partner hotels where you’ll enjoy discounted rates. All are within walking distance of Petco Park and located in the famous Gaslamp Quarter surrounded by restaurants and nightlife.
3. Secure your bike. Decide whether you’ll ship your bike as the event nears or book a rental bike now from our bike shop partner RIDE Cyclery (conveniently located in Petco Park). They’re also the place to ship your bike; they’ll assemble and have it ready for ride weekend.
4. Start fundraising. Once you’ve picked your routes, you’ll start working towards your corresponding fundraising minimum. Use our tools and best practices to quickly and easily raise your amount. Remember, 100% of the money you raise funds life-saving cancer research at world-class institutions!
5. Train to be ready for event weekend. Ramp up your training following our handy training guides. All of our courses feature on-course safety and support, mechanical assistance and refueling stations to keep you going all the way.
6. Let us know you’re coming! Email us. We will warmly welcome you and do our best to facilitate an amazing stay!