All the Ways You Can Participate in Pedal the Cause
Our 2017 Padres Pedal the Cause event is coming up, but there’s still time to join the cause! Even if you’re just getting started, you can still reach your fundraising goals. No matter how you’d like to contribute, near or far, you can make a difference.
Padres Pedal is a cycling event to raise funds for cancer research, but you don’t have to be a cyclist to participate. There are plenty of ways to get involved for people of all ages, abilities, skill levels and locations. You don’t even have to live in San Diego to participate! We’re excited to welcome everyone in helping us reach one goal: Raising money to create a world without cancer.
Here’s how you can participate:
- As a Rider: Whether you ride the short and entertaining Urban Loop, or challenge yourself with the 88-mile Honey Springs Heartbreaker, we offer seven different courses to match your skill level and fundraising goals. Our Riders are central to our event—we love cheering them on!
- As a Stationary Bike Rider: Want an energetic challenge that can be customized for your abilities? Join us in a stationary cycling class (or join all four!) and help raise $300 an hour while staying in place!
- As a Virtual Rider: If you live far away and can’t get to San Diego for our fun event, join us by participating virtually! You can still raise vital funds for cancer research, even if you can’t be here physically.
- In our Kids Challenge: Kids from ages 3 to 12 can join us in a loop course designed for them. Kids aren’t required to fundraise, but are welcome to create their own fundraising goals to help our cause!
- As a Volunteer: We’re grateful to our essential volunteers. Volunteer in a group or as an individual and help by manning refueling stations, helping riders check-in or with other vital support. Volunteers aren’t required to fundraise, but are encouraged to if they choose!
- As a Donor: Even if you can’t be here or fundraise from afar, you can still be one of our important donors and contribute to help fund life-saving cancer research. You can feel good knowing that 100% of your donation goes directly to funding research.
Let us help you with ideas to jumpstart your participation. Try some of our fundraising tips to help you reach your fundraising goals before the event in November.
- Build your profile: People love to know why this cause is important to you. Make your profile personal and tell people why their donation matters to you.
- Ask everyone: Use your social media, phone, email, and voice to ask as many people as you can. You’ll be surprised by who is willing to contribute!
- Get corporate donations: Reach your goal fast with larger corporate donations. Ask the company you work for about matching your donations. Also ask about direct corporate donations, which are tax-deductible and great PR for the company.
There’s still plenty of time to get involved in Padres Pedal and reach your fundraising goals. Participate in any way that’s right for you and help us reach our goal of helping to end cancer.